- Charles’ work, ‘A Greek Tragedy, 1916‘ will feature in the Little Stories Little Prints exhibition – a 1916 commemorative art project touring the island of Ireland during all of 2016.
The work celebrates the anniversary of the 1916 Rising.
For more information follow this link:
- “Revolution 1916” continue in the Ambassador Theatre Dublin after record attendance and publicity, nationally and internationally.
- Ballsbridge Gallery gets a nice mention in recent NewsFour article;
- Have been giving interviews with local magazines and newspapers promoting Ballsbridge Gallery;
- Good sales in Pastel Paintings where I seem to have reached my forte. Will be concentrating on this for a while;
- Permanent exhibition of Paintings, Drawings by Charles Hulgraine at Ballsbridge Gallery – ‘New Works’;
- Working on Etchings for Summer 2014 Exhibition, Maynooth Castle, Co Kildare, titled ‘A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man’.
- Working on 3 portrait commissions – with a twist!
- My beautiful wife and dancer Mary passed away 22nd March – a terrible shock;
- Joined the Management Core of the James Joyce Tower in Sandycove Dublin,the setting of ‘Ulysses’ first episode Telemachus — Inspiring place—I filled anotebook with images, drawings and vibes in the Tower;
- Devised the Art briefing for the Clane based Leinster Printmakers Studio -15th Anniversary exhibition — inspired by the book ‘A Portrait of the Artist as a Young man’- by James Joyce. JJ went to school in nearby Clongowes Wood;
- Ballsbridge Gallery (Beside P.O.) – Finally got my gallery opened ! -Space available for small exhibitions;
- Exhibited in the LPS print exhibition “Dunaire – The Disposessed” in the Cross Gallery, Francis Street. A great success.
- Received a number of commissions in Dublin & Kerry;
- Have set up a new gallery – The Wren Gallery – in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4;
- Currently working in Blackboard and Chalk – spacial drawings.
- We are increasingly taking Commissions for Portraits and Landscapes…with a twist…all enquiries welcome.
- Will be exhibiting work in ‘In the Absence of Colour‘ – An exhibition of work referencing the monochrome palette of William Desmond Taylor’s films and exploring the potential of the tonal range from black to white.
The exhibit takes place between 11th – 23rd September 2012.Click Here for moreinformation on ‘In The Absence of Colour‘.
July 25, 2011:
- Recently got ‘Artist’s Exemption’ status with the Irish Revenue (Tax) Commissioners
- Planning painting trip to Andalusia, Spain, for late September / October 2012. Intend on painting Sierra Nevada Mountains and the Moorish Palaces at Alhambra, Granada.
- Recently accepted for the DIN A4 exhibition in Malaga, Spain.
- Have now formally incorporated my architectural practice with the art making studio and expect this to substantially influence my Art in the coming year.
- I intend to enter the BP Portrait Competition in December 2011. Am having difficulty choosing a suitable sitter.
Any Goths or Cure heads can send a photo!
- Working on long-term painting project for 2016 – Subject: Irish Rebellion 1916: 100 years!